Contact Tracing for Active Cases
Starting from 20 February 2022, contacts of active cases will no longer have to undergo a precautionary period of isolation, this includes individuals who do not have the green shield on the BeAware Bahrain application, and tests will be only be done for individuals experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, through the following options:
- Conducting a rapid test. If the result of the rapid test is positive, individuals must go directly to one of the drive through testing centres to conduct a PCR test.
- Or conduct a PCR test at a private hospital.
- Or book an appointment for a PCR test via the BeAware application.
- Or call 444 to book an appointment for a PCR test.
Who is a contact of an active COVID-19 case?
- Those who were in direct contact with the active COVID-19 case for up to 15 minutes, at a distance of less than two meters, and without wearing a mask.
- Anyone who had been in a closed environment with the active COVID-19 case without proper ventilation. (Note that a person is considered a contact in this case if they were in direct contact with the active COVID-19 case for up to 15 minutes, even if they were wearing a mask).
- Anyone who shares housing and facilities with the active COVID-19 case.
- Whoever was in direct physical contact with the active COVID-19 case, such as through shaking hands, or having touched anything in the same place.