The National Medical Taskforce stresses the importance of adhering to all procedures that fall under the Yellow Alert Level: 01 August 2021
The National Medical Taskforce for Combatting the Coronavirus (COVID-19) stressed the importance of adhering to all Yellow Alert Level precautionary measures - including maintaining social distancing measures and wearing a mask when in public areas - which are in effect from today, 1 August 2021.
The following measures under the Yellow Alert Level have been implemented:
The below sectors are open to those who are vaccinated and received their second dose over 14 days ago by presenting their green shields on the "BeAware" app and to those who have recovered from COVID-19. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a vaccinated or a recovered person.
• Shopping malls and shops
• Indoor and outdoor dining in restaurants and cafes
• Indoor and outdoor gyms and sports halls
• Swimming pools
• Playgrounds and entertainment centres
• Events and conferences (50% capacity)
• Sporting events (50% capacity)
• Barbershops, salons, and spas
• Cinemas (50% capacity)
The Yellow Alert Level allows the vaccinated and non-vaccinated to enter; government centres, shops that are not in shopping malls, outdoor restaurants and cafes, and outdoor sports centres and sports halls.
Events at private residences (with no more than 30 guests) and the optional attendance of education and training institutions is also permitted.
The below essential sectors will remain open:
• Hypermarkets, supermarkets, grocery stores, and stores that sell fish, meat products, and fresh vegetables
• Fuel and gas stations
• Private health clinics, with the exception of some health services for which a circular is to be issued by the National Health Regulatory Authority
• Banks and currency exchange services
• Administrative offices of institutions and companies, whose activities are not directly customer-facing
• Import and export distributors
• Automobile repair and spare parts shops
• Businesses operating in the processing, construction, and maintenance sectors
• Telecom operators
The Taskforce noted that only the red, orange, and yellow alert levels will be adopted during this phase until at least 80% of individuals aged 40 and above have received a booster shot. This has been implemented to safeguard public health amidst the global spread of the Delta variant. Once this milestone has been reached, the green level will be reintroduced to the COVID-19 Alert Level Traffic Light System.
- 04 Aug 2022 Pre-registration for the Voluntary Monkeypox Vaccine Opens
- 30 Jul 2022 Minister of Health: Bahrain has taken proactive precautionary measures to combat ‘Monkeypox’ and no cases detected so far
- 05 Jul 2022 WHO Launches Case Study on Bahrain’s successful COVID Response
- 22 Jun 2022 Dr Al Manea highlights the importance of following COVID-19 precautionary measures